SILENT (Tefft) 091209
1) An entire generation has been silenced. / Millions of voices will never be heard. / Why don’t we mourn our lost future? / How is it “life” has become a bad word? / And those who speak out for the voiceless, / Defending the most defenseless of us, / Are told that they, too, should be silent. / Told to sit quietly. Don’t make a fuss!
Chorus: But it’s easy, so easy to be silent… / It’s easy to just try to get along… / Yes, it’s easy, so easy to be silent… / But it’s wrong!
2) So, the next generation is now growing. / There are far fewer voices than there should be. / And, still, we are told we’re too many / But don’t let them tell you what you should be! / We stand in the face of injustice. / Will we let the world silence our song? / Don’t let their lives be forgotten! / It’s time to speak out! Say it loud! Say it strong!
3) An entire generation has been silenced. / Just think of those voices we’ll never hear. / And when we are told to be silent / Will we obey, giving in to our fear?
EASIER TO RUN (Tefft)
1) Am I a coward because I’m afraid? / My time is up, there’s dues to be paid. / And my welcome seems long over-stayed. / So what do I do? / I can see just where I’m supposed to be / But I can’t conquer the feelings in me. / But I see the door and I’m handed the key / So what do I do?
Chorus: I should stand up and be counted / The battle’s just begun. / But I find it is easier to run. / I guess I should be stronger / When all is said and done / But I find it is easier to run.
2) Am I a slacker for my focus is all gone? / My fear and worries keep spinning on and on. / And I can see I am no more than a pawn. / So what do I do? / I have weapons but just what are they for? / My shield is broken now, in pieces on the floor. / And I am shaking down to my deepest core. / So what do I do?
3) So please forgive me for the choices I have made. / For the lies and all the games that I have played. / Because I fear that my fear must be obeyed / So what do I do? / I don’t expect you to really understand. / Things didn’t work out the way that I had planned. / I’m just a man who is constantly unmanned. / So what do I do?
EVERY DAY (Tefft)
1) Sometimes I wonder why you love me. / Why You hold me in that warm embrace. / ’Cause I know you are so far above me / When I look up I can’t even see Your face. / So, tell me, why should You be near me / When I disappoint You every single day. / Each day I live so insincerely / Though I’m trying hard to follow in Your way…
CHORUS: Light a flame that burns within my heart eternally / A fire that will never go away. / Even though I know that I will fall continually / Still I get up, try to follow on Your way… every day.
2) I don’t know why You care about me / Why You forgive me my every single sin. / I give You every reason, Lord, to doubt me / When You watch me fall again and again. / There’s an emptiness life isn’t filling. / I can feel it when I work and when I play. / And it’s true that I should be more willing / But I’m trying hard to follow in Your way.
3) You know my heart is hard and wild, Lord, / And is filled with every kind of shame. / But though a mother might forget her child, Lord, / In Your mercy You will not forget my name.